20 May THANK YOU FOR MAKING US A FINALIST!
A Huge Thank You to All of You!
We’ve been announced as a Finalist in the Home Styling/Home Furnishing category in the Northern Beaches Local Business Awards. We would like to share this good news to everyone and would like to thank everyone for taking the time to vote for us online.
So what’s next?
1. Finalists Selected
Finalists are determined from the number of nominations received from the public. Those businesses receiving the highest number of nominations are selected. There is no arbitrary cut-off point, as the number of nominations received varies for each category.
The list of finalists we’ll be published on 11/06/2014 on theNorthern Beaches Local Business Awards website.
2. Winners Selected
For most categories, independent mystery shoppers will visit each finalist anonymously and assess the business using detailed criteria. They will rate the performance of the business in the areas of:
• Value for money
• Customer Service
Where anonymous judging is not possible for a particular category, judges will conduct impromptu telephone or in-person interviews
3. Finalist Qualifying Criteria
To proceed to the main stage of the judging process, five qualifying criteria must be met.
• Is the business identified with clear signage?
• Is the overall appearance clean and well maintained?
• Are staff appropriately dressed?
• Is the customer acknowledged on entering?
• Are displays neatly presented?
4. Finalist Judging Criteria
1. Is the exterior, including windows, clean and well-maintained?
2. Is the layout well designed/organised for access by prams, trolleys and wheelchairs?
3. Is there appropriate lighting and adequate signage?
4. Does the atmosphere suit the business type?
5. Are displays used to highlight a variety of products and their uses?
6. Is there a high level of cleanliness/hygiene (food businesses)?
1. Are products easy to find with prices clearly displayed?
2. Is there a broad range of products with suitable quality standards?
3. Are products wrapped and/or presented appropriately after purchase?
Value For Money
1. Are products well priced?
2. Does product pricing compare favourably to other items of similar quality and standard found in other stores?
3. Are guarantees (or an exchange policy) offered?
1. Is the customer welcomed with eye contact, a greeting or a smile?
2. Does the staff member give undivided attention to the customer during conversation and ask appropriate questions to clarify needs?
3. Are staff members knowledgeable about the products and services provided? Can they provide assistance and guidance?
4. Do staff thank the customer for shopping at the business?
5. Is there a consistent standard of customer service applied by staff?
Gala Presentation Evening
One of the most exciting and anticipated events for the local business community, the Northern Beaches Local Business Awards Presentation Evening is the perfect combination of good food, great entertainment and a gala awards ceremony.
The presentation evening is an ideal opportunity for business owners to share the accolade of becoming a finalist with their family, friends and staff. It acknowledges everyone’s hard work and their contribution to the business’ success – a shared celebration of the business’ achievements.
The best businesses of the community are announced at this spectacular presentation of the Northern Beaches Local Business Awards.
Presentation night tickets are available at the secure on-line ticket box office or on their website, Northern Beaches Local Business Awards. Tickets are available from 18/05/2014 or until sold out.