04 Jun HOW TO THINK DIFFERENTLY ABOUT SELLING AND THE COSTS INVOLVED
If you are looking to sell and you are concerned about the cost of the entire process you are not alone.
Selling your home may be the most significant transaction you will make in your lifetime. The money you spend on agent’s commission may be your biggest concern; however, you can only sell your home once. If your property has not sold in the right manner, you will not only be out of pocket, you will be left with a bad experience, and this can cause an incredible amount of regret and stress.
For longtime homeowners, when you add up the cost of advertising your property and the amount of commission you will need to pay the agent, it may equal the amount you originally paid for your home. Now, we live in an entirely different world, and so it is understandable if you are finding it hard to get your head around selling and the costs associated.
The most common mistake that sellers make, that they focus on the costs of selling and not the outcome of the sale. By making decisions based on these factors alone, may see you paying a higher price in the end in more ways than one.
If you can think positively from the beginning, you will naturally attract the right agent with who you can develop a great partnership and have a highly successful experience; you will not get caught up in thinking of the expense because you know you are getting the right kind of service.
If, however, you are not impressed with the service of the agent, despite the result, you will never forget the expense.
Here is a list of 7 things sellers would do differently if selling again.
- Asking agents for information on the sale prices of similar homes in the area, so my expectations are realistic.
- Contacting an agent sooner so they can help me connect with the right people to help me prepare for sale.
- Understanding the aspects buyers are looking for so I can spend money in the right areas when renovating.
- Asking an agent how much experience they have had before signing with them.
- Not choosing to pay an incentive, or ‘kicker’ to the agent.
- I would like to have a say in the photos used online.
- I would agree to have my property listed on a premium site on the internet.
Papillon Styling & Renovations.
Transforming Property. Changing Lives.