07 Sep HOW TO REVITALISE YOUR HOME THIS SPRING
Spring is once again upon us. It’s that time of year when we just want to get the doors and windows open — and give everything a fresh look.
Before you spruce up for spring this year, check out these 5 Simple Tips to Revitalise Your Home:
1. Declutter, Clean, and Organise. It’s so much easier and a whole lot of fun to style a clean house, which is why cleaning, de-cluttering, and organising should always be done before decorating. It’s just impossible to look beyond the mess!
A few more specific tips for spring cleaning:
- Formulate a Plan. Everything starts with a good plan. Make a list of the rooms that need spring cleaning and formulate a plan on how to work on it. Jot down things to be done in each of the rooms and budget your time accordingly. Make sure you have all the cleaning supplies needed.
- Work from the top down, inside to outside. This way, you avoid getting what you just cleaned dirty again.
- Tackle one room, or even one area of one room, at a time. Spring cleaning can get overwhelming when you get distracted with various projects throughout the house. This leads to unfinished jobs. The satisfaction of seeing one room sparkle will make the hard work feel like it’s worth the effort.
2. Make small repairs. See to it that everything in the house is in good working condition — lights, faucets, floors, walkways, doors, etc. You may need to hire someone to this for you if you are not handy.
3. Bring in some colours. One of the easiest accents to add to a room is cushions. They are such an easy and budget-friendly way to add interest to an otherwise boring and ordinary room. You can cover existing pillows with a sheer overlay to lighten them up or completely recover them with a new spring-inspired fabric. You can also add a pretty floral table runner to create a new seasonal look. Just do not overdo it.
4. Let the light in. Maximise natural light. Open window shades and avoid using dark drapes or curtains. Hang a mirror on strategic locations to reflect natural light.
Make sure your windows are sparkling clean. Dirty windows cut down the amount of light, and make a room look dull.
5. Pay attention to seasonal details. Add flowers and fruit arrangement to brighten up any room. Replace a warm-weather rug with a softer thicker one, probably with bold geometric and over-sized patterns to add drama and warmth. And don’t forget to keep your home smelling spring fresh.
If you need help styling your home, please contact us at 0433 400 139 or email us at email@example.com.