03 Aug 7 INEXPENSIVE WAYS TO STAGE A DINING ROOM
The dining room is one of the spaces where home buyers need to feel a personal connection. This is where they will entertain friends and family during special occasions. When selling your home, you need to invoke the buyer’s emotions by staging the dining room. It needs to invite a buyer in and linger at the table. It needs to look comfortable and cosy and have good lighting.
Here are 7 Inexpensive Dining Room Staging Tips to help buyers envision that special place for family dinners or entertaining guests:
1. Open up the room as much as possible. Remove any furniture that blocks walkways, makes the dining room small, or makes it difficult to pull out a chair and sit down. You should be left with your dining room table, 4-6 chairs and a console table and/or one buffet table. The table should feel appropriate to the space, and the dining room should feel roomy.
2. Lighten up. Maximise the use of natural light. Open window shades and avoid using dark drapes or curtains. If there is at least one wall of windows, hang a mirror on the opposite wall to reflect natural light when staging the space. Use warm light from lamps and if possible, feature lighting too.
3. Clean and polish everything. Table, window treatments, chandelier, windows to the floors.
4. Pay attention to details. Repair anything in disrepair — from furniture to flooring to lighting. Update the look if necessary.
5. De-clutter and Depersonalise. Remain detached emotionally from your house. See your house through buyers’ eyes. Remove anything personal to your family: photographs and collections.
6. Make sure that this room has a dramatic focal point. A dining room is an easier room for buyers to envision laying out furnishings but you want to still capture their attention. Showcase a unique piece of furniture or artwork. A centerpiece on the dining table and colorful artwork on walls also help create a focal point which is easy on the eyes.
7. Assess the colour palette. Tone down dark and / or bright room colours by painting walls with white or a light neutral colour.
Having trouble staging your dining room? BG Property Styling Sydney can help.